Monday, September 28, 2015

A New Quilt Series at Duncan Farmstead

 
 
Just popping in to tell you that I am starting a Delta Quilt Series at DUNCAN FARMSTEAD featuring utility quilts that are a bit different from what you may be used to. . .If you like the Gees Bend quilts of Alabama, then you'll enjoy this series, I think. . .Besides the history, research, and actual examples purchased here in the Delta, I'll be sharing some of my own original quilt tops. . .and scattering them all among other fun posts about our farm living. . .Hope to see you there!
 
 
 


2 comments:

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

That one is very pretty. I first heard of Gee's Bend quilts from an article in, I believe, the old Country Home magazine. It featured a home that had a black painted bed with a denim and red Gee's Bend rug. So very creative. Looking forward to seeing more.

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

I just read A Beginning and can't find a spot to comment. All three quilts are so pretty. Such interesting history's of the utility quilts and no doubt many of them were used up and worn out. I can't choose a favourite among the three although the hint at the log cabin block and the circles (especially the buffalo check) really appeals to me. My late Mom quilted in a slightly similar style, very free-hand in the design and personalized. One of my older nephews just turned 40 and had me patch a quilt my mom made for him as a child, with tractors, his grandfathers farm, even his little sister, stitched with embroidery thread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...