Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Highway 25 Hundred Mile Yard Sale

100mileyardsale

If you're anywhere close to Southeast Missouri this week, be sure to check out one huge yard sale that is sure to please everyone! It's 100 miles of pure bargains and loads of fun. . . .

John and I have done some serious junkin' on these weekends every year. . . .I don't think we have ever made it the entire 100 miles. . . .The sales line the road. . . .and continue within the towns along Hwy 25. . . .
There's no way you'll be able to visit them all. . . .

Last year, we went two days, spent only $155 the entire weekend and came home with loads and loads of junkin' finds. . . .Here's just a few of the treasures. . . . To see more, Click Here





This year, I'm concentrating mostly on a Hoosier cabinet for the kitchen. . . .and a few needs for the farm. . . .I say that, but I know I'll end up with lots more. . . .I always do. . . .Can't resist a bargain. . . . We've bought everything from tires for the truck to clothes for our back and lots of antiques in between!

If you're thinking about trying your luck, the sale begins to the north at Jackson, Mo, or to the south at Kennett, Mo. Be ready for slow moving traffic and lots of stops. Take plenty of water and snacks. Wear comfortable walking shoes, lightweight clothing, a hat and plenty of sun screen. Lots of booths will be out in the hot sun. And, of course, bring plenty of cash. . . .Cash speaks loud on this treasure hunt!

You might want to check out the official site, where you'll find a list of  places to stay and eat.
25 Yard Sale


We take our food with us and eat from the back of the "buggy". . . .Don't like to waste time along the way. . . .Someone might get to that Hoosier before I do!

The event starts Thursday and runs through Sunday. . . .The biggest days will be Friday and Saturday. . . .If you can get away for the weekend, you need to experience this! You'll be talking about it a year from now--just like I am. . .

Guess you know where I'll be this week?

. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . . 

9 comments:

Art and Sand said...

It sounds like so much fun. Too bad it is so far away from me.

Have fun!

Unknown said...

I can't make it to the sale, its too far way. . . but someday I WILL. . . it's on my bucket list. . . as well as a Country Living Fair. . .
Dru I have to tell you, I thought of you the other day. . . I found a hoosier cupboard. . . I wasn't really looking for one, as I knew I couldn't afford one. . . but low and behold. . . we have a local AM radio station that has a daily program called Traidio, people call in with stuff for sale or trade. . . a sweet older man was listing an *Old bakers cabinet* as he called it. . . when I went to look, not knowing what it was going to be, I was thrilled. . . lucky for me he didn't know what he had. . . it was a steel for a hundred bucks. . . AND he threw in an awesome old buffet he wanted to get rid of as well. . .here's hoping you will come across a killer deal as well. . .
Happy hunting to you .. .

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish I could go!
Not too far away at all but I'm going to the gypsy caravan on Monday in St. Louis. I really need to remember this and hopefully make it next year.
Have Fun!
Hugs
Tam

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Oh my word! A hundred miles of antiques and junk!! Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Can't wait to see what you find. And here's hoping you find that Hoosier!

Old Time Cindy said...

Well, I'll be thinking of you and John and all the fun you'll have!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Pamela Gordon said...

That really sounds like fun and I hope you find your Hoosier cabinet. Hugs, Pam

Tymes Past said...

I would love to do one of these sales--lucky you! Maybe someday...

Have fun and find lots of treasures...smiles...Bev

Barbara Jean said...

oh so fun.
wish I were closer.

blessings
barb

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I hope you find your Hoosier this year! I can't believe how many wonderful things you found last year. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...